Thursday, May 24, 2012

Better Late Than Never

My intention was to blog every week since my first blog post. What can I say? Life got in the way.
However, I've made some strides that I am proud of. I took a leap of faith and signed up for a Zumba class. Talk about having 2 left feet! My goodness I felt so uncoordinated, but... I went into it expecting to trip all over myself and to just plain have fun with it. Half way through the class (it was a month long, twice a week), I realized there was a Beginner's Class and this wasn't it! So I very quickly switched classes. I'm so glad I did. I still feel like I have 2 left feet at times, but there is a great sense of accomplishment and pride that comes when one has mastered a song. So I'm still not a grade A student but I love getting to dance and exercise all at the same time. The basic rule is 'just keep moving'. We laugh at ourselves, encourage each other and get our sweat on. Which is exactly what I was looking for :)

I've started avoiding processed foods as much as possible and trying to eat home-cooked food, fresh vegetables and fruits. And when I eat out I try my hardest to eat organically prepared food. Sometimes it is a bit of a challenge though. Still working on a plan to combat those whoa's. Recently discovered Coconut Oil too. I'll have to expand on both later. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment